2nd opinion on personal injury case?

by admin on February 27, 2011

did you allow to get 2nd opinion on your case if your first lawyer don’t not want to proceed anymore with your case and want to seetle with his term.
If he filed motion to get off record, did I have to pay his expense.
I have contract no win no fees.
the lawyer know I don’t have single penny untill i did not recover any money and I also have agreement If they don’t win and I am not liable for his firm’s services
I don’tknow expense
but my question is that he is broking his agreement not me so Why i suffered more

Related Blogs

    { 2 comments… read them below or add one }

    wolfman February 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm

    If the attorney filed suit on your behalf he is the attorney of record and needs the courts approval to be released from the case. If you have selected another attorney to represent you a substitution of attorney can be filed with the courts and you can proceed with the lawsuit using a new attorney. If your attorney did not file suit all he need do is send you a letter to this effect and you will be free to hire another attorney.
    Read the retainer you signed when you hired the attorney to see if you are responsable for any of the attorneys expenses.

    Personal February 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm

    Does the contract specify expenses? Those are different from fees and you may very well owe him expenses. You are more than welcome to try to find another lawyer to take on your case in any event.

    Leave a Comment

    Previous post:

    Next post: