Where can I find legal counsel if I have no money?

by admin on February 15, 2011

I was hit by a well-known national delivery company vehicle while riding my bicycle. Firms that "don’t get paid until I get paid" are not interested because severity and extent of injury was not bad enough to make alot of money. Driver of vehicle was in wrong. How do I find legal help without any money? I want my bike replaced and personal loss and damages. The company that handles claims for the insurance company of the delivery company just blows me off! Or maybe legal fees would cost more than any compensation i would win? Help please.

Related Blogs

    { 4 comments… read them below or add one }

    bai.mingsheng February 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm

    Don’t listen to riteon who is definitely WRONG! … and another one with a distorted perception of reality.

    Unless you can find someone to take the case on a contingency fee basis you may be out of luck completely. Note that there is also a statute of limitations to file against a claim like this. If you miss it, you lose it.

    Legal aid clinics rarely (and with current legal crisis, never) take these types of cases, so you may have to hunt harder.

    An option you have is to utilize the Small Claims Court process. You said the damages aren’t high enough for an attorney to consider it? It may be the maximum amount for Small Claims Court would compensate somewhat. Think carefully about all your options, not just a few.

    You can file your own claims in Small Claims Court, and you will get some (a little) assistance with filling out the forms. But you have to do your research and such for yourself. You may be able to get guidance thru books and literature at the local library, online, or even some of the legal search sites.

    Good luck! This is one reason I fully support the theory of Civil Gideon.

    bai ming sheng

    ladyimpossible1 February 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm

    I agree with Bai. File your own claim in small claims court. Sue for the max that you can. Your bike needs to be replaced which can cost a couple of hundred, depending on what brand; you need to be paid for your pain and suffering. Being hit can be scary and traumatic. Did you go to the ER? That bill needs to be paid. Did you lose time off of work? That time off needs to be compensated. SCREW that company and file your claim. It will just cost you a small fee, and sometimes that is given back to you in your judgment. GOOD LUCK!

    t jay February 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm

    In addition to the above advice, get the press involved. Big companies hate bad publicity and may just settle with you to get there name out of the paper.

    anthony_adamoa_adamo February 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm

    dont no dont care

    Leave a Comment

    Previous post:

    Next post: