Work injury and boss had no workers comp. What kind of attorney?

by admin on May 1, 2011

A little over 4 months ago I had an injury at work in Colorado which required surgery to repair. He had no workers comp coverage. He works under his own name and is not incorporated. I’ve been told that I can either file with workers comp in CO (which would pursue him for my expenses PLUS fine him for not carrying the insurance) and let them handle it or file suit against him directly. What kind of attorney should I seek out? I have no money to hire an attorney due to my inability to work since the accident. Would a "no win / no fee" attorney be likely to accept such a case?

Also….he DOES have liability insurance and they have been calling trying to figure out if he was "liable". Could that result in help financially? And finally, couldn’t there be a "negligence" factor to this since he didn’t carry workers comp insurance?

Related Blogs

    { 1 comment… read it below or add one }

    Ranger4402 May 1, 2011 at 9:09 am

    Before one party sues another the most essential question that needs to be answered is this:

    Does the party being sued have any assets that can be taken if I win?

    If this person has no money or other assets you can take then forget about suing him.

    If I were you then I would want proper medical care for my injury along with physical therapy so I can go back to work. If I were you then I would let workers comp CO handle this. But that’s just me.

    Leave a Comment

    Previous post:

    Next post: